What is an ECHAlliance Ecosystem?
We can achieve so much more by working together
An ECHAlliance Ecosystem is, on a geographical area (region or country), a permanent multi-stakeholders group committed to work together on a regular basis (4 meetings per year), in order to implement, within the health & social care system, innovative solutions targeting an improvement of the quality of health status and well-being of citizens, of the efficiency and the sustainability of the system and generating business activities growth and jobs creation. Since 2011, the ECHAlliance has developed, with the support of the European Commission, a methodology and approach on how to set up and manage ecosystems in more than 25 locations.
- Geographic coherence (a city, a region or a country)
- Multi-stakeholders group: policy-makers, regulators, companies (large and start-ups/SMEs), universities and education institutions, citizens/patients’ representatives, public and private insurances, investors, services providers…
- Permanent group with regular meetings (4 times a year at least)
- Commitment around a strategic and action plan
- Governance through a working group gathering all categories of stakeholders (no-owned by anyone organisation, collective leadership) with ECHAlliance as “honest broker” in facilitation role.
- Improvement of the health status and the quality of life of patients & citizens;
- Improvement of the working conditions of health & social care professionals;
- Tackle major challenges such as the demographic change, the chronic diseases, the coordination of care, the prevention and promotion of public health, etc.;
- Accelerate the adoption of innovative solutions;
- Ensure the sustainability of the health & social care systems, by increasing their efficiency and identifying innovative financial and business models;
- Foster innovation from all stakeholders, encouraging the cross-sectors cooperation and promoting the creation and use of evidence-based solutions;
- Support the development of business activities, entrepreneurship and the creation of jobs.